Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dear Baby


Dear baby,

The day that daddy and mummy found out that we were expecting you, we were so happily surprised that we jumped for joy. You see, daddy and mummy were once told that it could be difficult for us to have children. But God gave us a little miracle, and this little miracle is you.

You were still very tiny. But when you were week 6, you gave mummy a lot of new experiences. Something call nausea/morning sickness. Oh, and the burger craving? I bet you just needed that carbs and protein to build your nerves and cells. We saw you when you were only 7 weeks old in vitro, and saw your heartbeat. The feelings of relief washed over me. Then it's joy, and a slight increased in belief that you are going to be ok. 

By week 12, Mummy spent more time in the loo than she had ever before. Each time it happened, while it was awful, it also was an reassurance that perhaps hormones were doing its job to keep you safe and healthy. Oh, and a new found respect for all mums out there, especially working mums and mums with few kids having to juggle feeling sick and getting work done. Oh the exhaustion. Mummy wasn't able to cook as much as she loved to before.. and daddy fed her junk! But it's ok, he learned how to brew many kinds of soups later on which was nutritious and heart warming. 

I guess I was blessed with a very very understanding boss, who calmed me down when mummy was crying in her office as I was afraid I was not able to do my work properly and have you at the same time. Blame it on hormones, but it was my first taste of the feeling that my identity is going to change. Thankfully, the feeling of sickness passed and I was able to continue to do my best and help other families out there. 

The highlight is our most recent scan. Mummy and Daddy were really excited because we found out that you are... a BOY! We are having a son. How exciting! Much as Mummy love pink and purple cute girl clothing, Mummy is sure we can find you some adorable items as well. 

So baby. You are well loved. Thank you for reminding me how well you are growing with your little kicks, hand gestures and nudges-sorry that I'm not sure which is which yet. Yes, we appreciate it even MORE of all the little things and how such a miracle you are. You are a blessing and a gift. Hopefully, as parents we will be able to grow your potential. 

Love,
Your mummy. 


Ps- I'm so sorry that I have been out of action lately... But I have started cooking again and will return with some posts ;)
xx


 photo MTWsignature_zps53eec5fc.png

16 comments:

celine said...

I am SO HAPPY for you, Daphne!!! :) Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the Mummies club!!! *Big Hug*

Little Inbox said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you!

Woolly Mammoth said...

Congratulations, Daphne! Hope the morning sickness has passed xx

Charmaine said...

Congrats to both of you. What great news! May the rest of your pregnancy be smooth sailing. Take care!

ICook4Fun said...

Congratulations to you and your hubby!

Little Corner of Mine said...

A big congrats to you and your husband! What a great news! :)

tigerfish said...

Congratulations! Happy for you :)

lena said...

Oh congratulations!! that's a wonderful news to hear!! you keep well ya!!

petrina said...

Congrats! Congrats !! Such wonderful news !! We have to catch up soon :)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Oh Daphne! I could not be more excited! I am so happy for you. I love your post to the baby and how amazing is our Lord. he is faithful to answer our prayers. I will be praying for a healthy and not so sick pregnancy! I must have missed the post because this is the first time I heard you were expecting. You will need to send me your address so I can send baby something:)

Noob Cook said...

Congratulations!! Happy news!!

Joanne said...

!!!!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you love!! Congratulations!!

culinaryprincess said...

Congrats Daphne! What great news!!

expatgourmand said...

Congrats! God has big plans for your family :)

deedee said...

Congratulations! Being pregnant is the most amazing feeling ever!! :)

Sovania said...

I love this site, thank you to all who are created, I learned many things, very positive, a thousand thank you.
voyance

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...